Monday, June 2, 2008

Endings create beginnings

Wow! Finally! There are plenty of reasons to celebrate lately. Kids graduate from middle school into high school, from high school into college and from college into the real world. Because of these graduations, SooBoo Designs was fortunate enough to have surpassed a financial milestone. The website has been up and running for 11 months, and because of other's endings, I feel that SooBoo is just beginning. Thank you for all your orders and hopefully, your kids beginnings will be successful, demanding, exciting, wondrous, and somewhat inundating! All the afore mentioned meld together when you are doing something you love. Passions run deep here, yet it has taken a long time to figure it out... yet, there is still so much more to accomplish. When I see young children pursuing their God given talent (realizing and embracing that talent is the hardest step) and using it in school is an amazing gift. My friend's children are amazing. One is realizing his dream in the Air Force Academy and doing outrageously for his freshman year there. This is the sort of young adult of whom we need more. Another is off to one of the top schools for baseball after being recruited in high school. I was fortunate enough to make some luggage tags for his baseball bags when he travels. Go Owls! Other friend's kids are superior rowers, 1st chair in youth symphony orchestra, another graduating as a member of the National Honors Society and another with theatrical honors.. and the list goes on. I was never a great student by any stretch of the imagination, so when I see these young people in this scary time in which we live, I am so hopeful of good things to come. Whether academically, athletically or artistically or all of the above, it's impossible to go on if we don't see our futures being worth something. I am starting to see positive signs coming my way with sooboo. Hard work has always been an important lesson given to me by my parents. I have always seen them work hard with good, solid, well thought out ideas and they have always been successful in their endeavors. I wish to carry on that success. I don't care if it takes years, of course, I rather it not take that long, although, "sticktoitiveness" pays off generally, and if these kids can prove themselves with their lack of knowledge in physical years , then I can, with the years of lessons learned I have acquired. We are always learning how to be the best we can be. It's not easy and nothing comes simply, especially these days. I am proud of these children, and mine, too, of course, and of myself for creating some truly fun and bright and delightful useful art. as my niece said recently to herself after an important DC lobbying trip, "Yeah ME!" So, moving forward, below are my latest ideas for gift tags. As time goes by, I'll be creating more holiday designs getting in gear for that seasonal rush. Here are some Christmas Holiday hopefuls to place on your well thought out gifts.
Holiday wreath
Jingle Bells
Ornament Hanukkah ideas
Personalize your tags for the holidays!
Personalize your tags for any occasion
Create an informational card
Create a personalized gift basket card
Anyway, these are all such precious designs. I hopeyou enjoy them. If you have any ideas that you might like, just shoot me an email and I'll work something up to suit your personalization.

I am in the midst of starting new, fresh ideas holiday ideas. Lots of cute Halloween tags, too.. great for tucking in treat bags!

Gotta run! Happy summer and I'll be in touch!
Thanks again everyone for your support. I so appreciate it!

Susie

No comments: